22 October 2012

Serenade at the Library!

"Joel Caithamer... uses his music background to help promote the Kenton County Public Library. With several music CDs to his credit, as well as his regular television appearances, he says he’s promoting it a lot.
'I’ve been Children’s Services Coordinator at the William E. Durr Branch (in Independence) for over six years and I’ve really been enjoying visiting area schools with my guitar as part of our library outreach services,' he says. 'I perform and promote the library for hundreds of kids each month.'"

Singing librarian, huh?  Well, that must be a hoot and a half while you are trying to study.  I kid.  Actually this seems like a great way to promote library services while also getting to do what you love.  The closest I ever came to this was writing a murder mystery party and that was only awesome because I got to kill my old director.

I think more libraries should be like this.  Hell, let's ratchet it up a bit and take a note from our Mexican and Italian brothers.  Who would not want a roaming band of mariachi or violin players walking around the 'brary serenading young couples.  Maybe a girl handing out roses for a dollar.  This could be awesome. 

Librarian makes music for library - Cincinnati.com