Nintendo just announced their follow up to the popular Wii video game console, the Wii U, will be out in 2012. The console sports the controller (above) with a touch screen in the middle that acts basically like a portable game system in your home. All previous Wii peripherals will be backwards compatible.
Tell you the truth, there's a lot of functionality in that little controller but I can already see the future: That thing sticking out of my TV because I couldn't finish off Bowser for the last time. Not because it's all motion, that's those other wimpy plastic controllers. This one will just piss me off like my old Gameboy used to.
Also, what the hell is going on with Nintendo's naming department? First, originally called the "Revolution," the "Wii" sounds like, well, if you have not read an internet joke based on that premise just google it. But now we have the "Wii U." What the hell does the "U" stand for? "University"? "Unified"? "Usual"? I know what it's gonna stand for if the product does not work "Pii U." Like it stinks. Get it? Bet I am not the first to make that joke and the things only been outed for two hours. It is that obvious.
Update: Ha, I knew I wasn't.
