02 April 2011

Book Publisher Ditches Books For Apps

Miss Spider's Tea Party (Scholastic Bookshelf)
He did this.  Say thank you.

Nicholas Calloway, publisher of many a coffee table and children's book, has deemed print dead and the "app" the new publishing medium. In an article by MSNBC, Calloway says that "I have bet the whole ranch on this" and "This kind of juncture happens maybe once in a century."

Holy cow, that's a bit of a risk on a media that is still in its infancy. An entire ranch. Wow. That's like something out of the TV show "Bonanza."  I can just see Little Joe out there, betting the entire ranch on a new fangled "tel-e-fone" system that was sweeping the Ponderosa.  

I say good luck to you, Mr. Calloway.  Not many folks have the brass cajones to ditch a 30-year-old business plan like that.  And if your ranch gets taken away, dibs on a chicken or whatever you have out there.