 |
| Pirates have a magazine!? |

Recently, I posted
my ramblings about ebooks and whether or not libraries should begin using them. In that article, I expressed concern that publishing companies may be freaking out because, well, when stuff goes digital, people steal it. Well, here is an awesome article from
ZDnet.com's Tech Broiler Violet Blue expounding on the notion of ebook piracy and ebook lending and what it may mean to the industry.
What I find funny is the same "reasons" pirates use for copying and pasting their favorite song, movie, TV show or book are mostly the same reasons that library's give. Freedom of information. Help the community grow. Yadda Yadda. Now do not hate me for saying that. Just look at your libraries DVD collection and think about how many times you check out each copy, for free. The only difference in me torrenting "
Best of Elmo's World DVD Collection
" and checking it out at the library is that the library is socially acceptable and government funded that I know bought at least one copy of the material. I am really interested to know what people think about this. Leave your comments below and fill my ignorant head.