16 February 2011

Google Vs Apple Publishing: Let's Get It On!

The Google Story: For Google's 10th BirthdayApple iPod touch 32 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODEL
The goo vs the i: how do we contain the rage?

Google announced today that they will attempt to undercut Apple's publishing contract by 20%.  At least that's what I got from this article in USA Today.  The Internet giant is poising to face off against the computer giant in a war of the publishing rights price points.  Apple, currently taking about 30% from publishers on their App Store, can kiss my butt if they think they are getting any more of my money.  Google announced that the program "One Pass" will take about 10% of from publishers, a move that I think is great because they have given me lots of cool toys over the years and never really asked for money.  Add to that their Android market does not tell me what is good for me and the devices I paid good money for and I think I have a hat for this ring.

Who will win this War of Fruity Aggression?  Only time will tell.