Here's what I wonder: What if this is all an elaborate trick by a sentient computer program to force users that normally would only read to use computers? Yep, this is proof of Skynet!
I'm looking at you, Pulp Looker! (whereigotit)
But, Strikingly Handsome Internet Library Dude, you ask me, why would Skynet care about a library in Alaska? Ah, there's the rub. You see, much like the vampires in 30 Days of Night
, computers are attracted to Alaska for its rich sunlight potential. While the vampires were there for the months-long darkness, computers are there for the months-long extra sunlight to power their solar doo-dads and what-nots. They know libraries are the best place in town to begin the information take over. In a small, out of the way place like Homer, Alaska, the takeover can begin and end quickly. I tell you, this is the first step! Start hoarding can goods and shotguns because this is going to be a long winter.
