The United Kingdom is looking for ways to lend eBooks in libraries. Cultural Minister Ed Vaizey had this to say:
"E-lending is currently in its infancy but growing fast. Just as e-readers are transforming the way people access books, e-lending could help transform the way people use libraries"
Ain't it just amazing how information and information type issues just go viral around the world? I mean, here we are, down of a new millenia, and people are coming up with more problems for themselves. Am I right? Boy, this reminds me of when my grandpappy used to talk about PUTTING FUCKING BOOKS IN LIBRARIES.
Sorry, but this is a pain in the ass topic for me. I get all the issues. The publishers want to make sure they get paid, the authors want their books out there and the libraries want to share like they always have. It just hurts to keep reading the same articles over and over again. One step forward, two steps back. Blah, blah, blah.