The retail bookstore Barnes & Noble announced this week that it will not sell books published by Internet giant Amazon.
The brick and mortor store has finally drawn a line in the sand, kicked the messenger down the well if you will. But did they think about it? Did the giant make the right move, pissing off an empire that extended their hand in friendship? I doubt it. Not only did they just give Amazon exclusivity to their own content, but they also went forward with an idea that people NEED bookstores now-a-days. One only has to look at the fate of Borders to see that this is not completely true.
I do salute these brave warriors, though. A bold move in an ever increasingly violent environment.
But I really hope the small Mom & Pop bookstores that the larger chain almost put out of business see this as a rally cry. The little guys can now give exactly what the big stores can not: a personal touch with items they want.
Barnes & Noble won't stock books published by Amazon in stores - Los Angeles Times