29 August 2011

Obsolete Technology News: It's a Week Old

Like I did in yesterday's book news, today I am playing catch up with a little tech news.  Here we go.

House, M.D.: Season Seven

Fox, the TV station not the animal, delayed presenting its programming on Hulu for 8 days causing a massive spike in piracy of those shows.  Let it be known that if the nerds can not pay for their digital entertainment through affordable means, they will just take it.  Torrentfreak via boingboing (real sources, I swear)

2001: A Space Odyssey [Blu-ray]
When presenting their case that they were not ripping off the iPad with their Galaxy tablet, Samsung used the "it was in a movie" defense.  The movie in question "2001: A Space Odyssey" does indeed have tablet devices as well as a computer that freaking kills people!  WSJ via Geekologie

Xbox 360 4GB Console

The Videogame History Museum is running a drive on Kickstarter to save/fund their project. The museum can be seen as an important item in the further expansion of humans to waste time dicking around without using their actual dicks.  Mostly.  Kickstarter via Kotaku.