16 April 2011

N is for News

News: The Politics of Illusion (8th Edition)Often, I do top news stories from around the world of libraries, librarians, books, ebooks, electronics, and whatever else catches my eye.  These are some news stories that appeared this week and the reasons I rejected them or reasons I reject these stories in general.  Here we go!

Ebook sales triple!  Quite frankly, I am tired of hearing about eBooks.  Sure, fascinating reinvention of the way society blah, blah, blah. I am running out of jokes on this.

The Weird World of Straight to DVD Christian film.  This article did not need me throwing jokes at it to make it funny.

Man banned from library allegedly pushed guard through glass window.  While this may be "How to Get Banned From a Library" worthy, I honestly try not to do too much about crazy people going crazy in the library unless it is out of the norm.  If he had assaulted him with a 1st edition of Mark Twain or a red herring, I would have more to run with.

Endless stories about people retiring or changing jobs. I have nothing against celebrating a community leader's career, but I try to stay kinda national or global on this site.  So, unless you develop the cure for book cancer during your cataloging career, you will probably not show up on here unless I start a "Crazy Librarian of the Week" and even then, you would have to be crazy.

Bibliophiles, casual readers get fix at spring book sale Much like the above story, book sales are more of a local thing. Now, again, if there is something spectacular about the book sale, like Nicholas Cage's Superman comic showing up in it, boom, it goes up on this site.

Nicholas Cage's comic book is found, but the thief is still at large. I honestly did not give one poop about a rich guy getting his fancy prize found. Not enough to write about, anyway.

If you see a story you think I might find interesting, send me an email at evan@bannedlibrary.com or @bannedlibrary on Twitter.