19 April 2011

iPad App Makes Civil War Photos Pop in 3D

Just jumps right out at ya, am I right?

Matt Raymond, the Library of Congress's former communications director, used original Civil War negatives to create 3D images for an iPad app.  Twenty-four of the pictures will be with the first incarnation of the app with more possibly on the way.  The app will cost you $1.99 or you could just hop on over to the LoC where the 3D images have been donated.

This is cool and all, but I want some true to life 4D rocking my mobile, you know?  I want what Harry Potter has and I am not talking Ginny Weasley.  When my newspapers, books and magazines feature people dancing for my amusement without me having to click on a play button, I will be happy.  And do not try to tell me about GIFs either.  They do not count until they stop repeating themselves like a YouTube video with Tourrette's Syndrome.  Until then, my iPhone will keep doing the same things it always does:  playing Angry Birds, dropping calls, and taking blurry photos.

Daily Mail