11 April 2011

I is for In-House

In-house refers to the calculations of all the library materials used inside the library, as opposed to the materials checked out.  All the magazines, computers, reference books, and books people just pick up and set back down are counted on average and added into the library's usage records.  See, the library is not just a place to check out books or get some free wireless, it is a community center that is used on a regular basis by many people.

In-house can also refer to another type of business.  Yeah, those sorted affairs that the library rather not speak of.  There's an old library saying, "You don't talk about book club."  Wait, no, it's "Two books in the hand is better than one on the shelf."  No, that's not right.  "No librarian left behind."  Crap, I am sure it is one of those.

Anyway, I shouldn't be writing this, but the real secret behind the library is that a long time ago askdlf43ery'' Um.... A long time ago libraries were created to help people.  Yep.  That's all there is.  Helping people and society and stuff.  No big in-house secret they teach you at your first library after library school.  No secret society at all.

Check out this funny caption I thought of:

Full House: The Complete Sixth Season
What Happens in Full House, Stays in Full House