09 March 2011

Michigan Library Has to Fight to Keep Handguns Out of Their Library

Special Mod 92 Firat Compact Silver/Gold Starter PistolThe Capitol Area District Library in Michigan actually has had to go to court to keep people from bringing handguns into their library.  Best part?  They only have a temporary restraining order, meaning that it could be repealed.  This is serious.  I am not making this up.

I am going to say this only once.  WEAPONS DO NOT BELONG IN A LIBRARY FOR ANY REASON.  I can not think of any reason for a patron to have to bring any weapon in a library.  I even reread a previous post I wrote on the subject of open carry.  Not one reason.

Are there moose in this library that patrons have to defend themselves from?  On the way to the large print collection do you have to fend off a bear?  Are wolverines protecting the DVDs?

Handgun, samurai sword, monkey with a slingshot, I do not care.  Open carry or not, you bring a weapon in my library and I am calling the cops.