Dramatic Representation
A couple of weeks ago I wrote an article about
OBGYN (Overblown Bullshit that Gets on Your Nerves). Then I waited. It only took a week, but I found a news article to illustrate the point. In Fresno, Ca, residents are pissed because the library is throwing away thousands of useless books. After taking pictures of a dumpster teaming with items, residents flew to the news places and cried out. Now there will be a board meeting or hearing or something. Bastards. That's like saying, "Holy shit! The hospital is tossing out all those needles that could be used elsewhere!" An outdated, poorly written book can be as dangerous as a dirty needle.
On a side note, I would kinda like a holiday book burning party. Take all the weeded, unsellable books from the past year, throw'em on a pyre and drink some punch. Good times.
Here's the original story.Image from here