22 November 2010

Smells Like Teen Fiction!

Ever gotten off of work at the library and had to go to the grocery store?  I have.  I have to do it all the time.  And while you are there, trying to decided between a great bottle of cooking sherry, a six pack of rot gut, or a screw top bottle of wine made from kiwi, have you noticed people staring at you?  Did they follow you to the frozen foods isle and watched as you picked through the $1 pizzas or the hot pockets?  Ever wonder why?  Well, librarian, just like a chef or garbage man, you carried that bit of work with you: the smell.

Smell the awesome, like burnt popcorn and flop sweat.

Have you ever wanted to feel that special on your days off without rubbing yourself down with a used copy of the Da Vinci Code?  Now you can!  The website CB I Hate Perfume offers a library aroma called "In the Library."  Promising the rich scent of bound books, the perfume guarantees that you will never be able to leave the library.  So go out and get your bottle today, cause god only knows what they will come up with next.


All kidding aside, I like the idea of this product.  The sense of smell is one of the best triggers for memory.  Add the smell of a book to a great piece of knowledge and you retain a tactile bit of that knowledge.  Also, I love the smell of new books and old books, the glue, binding and paper all just seem more there to me, filling me with the hours of joy that I have had in the company of books.  I do not think I would like to desensitize myself to that odor by splashing it on me, though.  Anyway, fun idea for a product.